Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Last night Tawnia, Amy and I went to Eileen's house (Eileen being the teacher Tawnia worked for last year, and now works next to this year.) for a New Year's party. There were supposed to be more people, but it turned out to be a cozy group of six - Eileen, her two BYU-student kids, and the three of us. After a tour of the house, we played games - lots of rounds of Boggle, and then some Scattergories after midnight. It was actually a lot of fun, and we were all glad that we went. Besides, if we hadn't gone, we all would have done basically the same thing at our apartment, with fewer people.

I'm looking forward to the new year, hoping very much that it goes tons better than 2005. I want to read the entire Standard Works in a year, and make it to the temple at least every other month. I want to start drawing on a regular basis - I have the Dickson portraits to do, and I hope that's just a jumping off point. I'd also like to be lighter - in weight, and debt. To start things off, I'm going to finish my ironing, so I'm not late for church.

No comments: