Monday, January 16, 2006

new Joseph Smith movie

For FHE tonight, we went to the temple visitor's center to watch the new Joseph Smith movie. As far as I know, Tawnia and Mindy are the only others close enough to see it (the Legacy Theater at the JS Memorial Bldg). I don't know what to say about it. I've now sat here for about 5 minutes and I'm still speechless. (And my head hurts because yes, I cried multiple times during it. So did Adam.) So I won't say anything. Just - we watched it, and if you have the chance, you should watch it too. But not Brooke and Bryan until Jared and Michelle have seen it first and can judge whether they should at their age. It might be a bit much for them. And take kleenex when you go.

Yes, we'll take Mom and Dad and Emily to see it when they're here.

P.S. Happy birthday, Nathan!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Actually Treen, it is playing at a number of visitors centers, including the one at the LA temple (and Mesa, Nauvoo, Oakland, etc.). I just looked it up. I also heard someone mention it at church yesterday.

We need to make the trek to LA to see it soon (if we'd realized, we'd have gone with Mom and Dad. Ah well.)

Anonymous said...

We had a missionary fireside on Sunday night where we watched a previous Legacy theater movie, The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd. It was really good. But also a bit too much for the children. They were playing in the nursery most of the time.

treen said...

The list of visitor's centers I saw was incomplete then, because I don't remember LA being on it. Otherwise, I would have pointed that out to you.