Friday, January 27, 2006

Today

Hello, family.

I would have posted yesterday, but the Internet was down. This was rather frustrating. I wanted to tell you that I'd been working on the movie script, in particular the chase scene. I told a couple of people about my idea, so I suppose I should make it common knowledge. The chase begins, and then we see everyone drop out of it -- too tired, car runs out of gas, more interested in swing set, catnip . . . It should be good. I still haven't worked out all the details, and I'll be consulting my assistant before the next draft comes out.

Classes are going well. We're starting to study classical music in music history, I'm doing okay in math, and writing is wonderful, if only I could decide which project to focus on for more than forty-eight hours. And then something comes up and I change my mind again. I think I've narrowed it down to three.
1. The third draft of "One-Winged Dragon."
2. A story I'm calling "Shieldguard" (for now -- it was "Knights of Terror"), which plot I already described. It has my most developed villain ever, but there are a few problems in the story structure that need to be worked out.
3. "Aurora," which takes place five years before "Elfmarked." I had come up with a couple of minor characters, Hadrian Porter, the Captain of the Guard, and Jeremy Thane, the leader of the runaways. I wrote one little scene where they interact; they clearly know each other and are even friends in a way. I started to wonder what would spark such an unlikely friendship, why this ditiful captain would turn a blind eye to his activities. And the answer . . . is going to take about 110,000 words to explain.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Emily! Sounds like you have a lot of creative projects going. That's awesome!

The idea for the chase scene sounds great!

Now, everyone else (besides Trina):
Let the writers write now. Please refrain from any "suggestions for the script" unless specifically asked for something by Emily or Trina. Let me know if you have any questions about this policy.

Thank you.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Yes, it sounds like Emily's really enjoying school and the movie script. I was debating writing my character description for the movie page but I feel that the writers should develop that character so I'll let them write the character description and I'll just do my personal background.