Monday, January 30, 2006

I think I'm insane now.

Today I got another job. I'm now a preschool teacher! My friend/neighbor Natalie's aunt's friend or something owns it, and so she got the connection, and now we both have jobs there. I went and filled out an application on Friday, and 15 minutes after I left they called me up and set up an interview time (for today). The lady said I answered all the questions exactly like she wanted to hear them in the interview, and had my timecard and training packet all ready for me, since Natalie was there to start her training anyway. So I'll be training every day this week, and then working 12 hours one week and 8 hours the next. I'll keep working at Subway for the next while, since they're firing two of the guys, and are in the process of training a lot of new people, and it would just be mean to quit now. I'm hoping to be able to keep them all, so I can get lots of paychecks, and get out of debt, so we'll see how this next month goes. It will be a good lesson in prioritizing, staying positive, and finding out just how much energy eating regularly and working out will give me.

As for our FHE, I was unable to really take the time and find any articles, but I do have a bit of advice. Although I obviously don't have any children, I work with children a lot (and even more now), and something that I've learned is that children need structure. Even when I was a nursery assistant, and we had the kids for less than two hours, we had everything very structered and organized - toys, table time, music, lesson, snack, etc. When children have schedules, they know what to expect. They learn not to be hungry, because they know when the food is coming. They focus better, and work better, and it's just better. I hope to have some more information for next month, because I should be reading articles and such for preschool anyway, and it'll be good to share.

A quick question about the reunion - so when exactly should we be in Oregon. I need to figure out with Tawnia (and she needs to figure out with Nathan and Amanda) when we'll drive out to Oregon, and come back, so I can be sure that I have the time off from preschool.

No comments: