Friday, January 27, 2006

summary

1 - Yep, Adam was sure mad. And he doesn't really get mad. Ever. I was a bit shocked by how vicious he was. Wow! I share his sentiments of being in a work situation where you want to do something and you can't. You're under some weird gag order, or there really is just nothing you can do. It happens to me all the time and it's absolutely infuriating. But we stick it out and keep trying for this reason (and some days, like yesterday, it's the ONLY reason): "The way for evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

2 - The 2 latest Sunday pictures of Stevie in those adorable suits - Adam and I got those for him. I was pretty proud of our selection, and by golly if he isn't just the cutest little baby boy!! (Bryan is the other cutest boy in the world but he's not the baby anymore. Likewise with Brooke and Summer, even though I include Brooke and Bryan when I say "the babies".)

3 - I think Movie Day at the reunion should be Tuesday. That will give us the weekend and Monday to get any last minute things figured out. Also, if you have friends in the area that you want to visit but your time will be limited, try to schedule it for Sunday or Monday. Tuesday, we film and edit. And that still gives us Wednesday to finish any editing or post-production that may take longer than anticipated. Does that work?

4 - Mom asked if our Blog FHE should have a specific topic each month ... isn't "parenting" enough of a topic? Parenting, or strengthening families, or something along those lines. For the whole year. This keeps it open for people to share what sticks out to them that month. If Nathan posts an article about X and I post a scripture about Y the same day, well, it's all useful. When we print things out for our individual Family Instruction Books, we can sub-sort things however we want. No one else has commented on the idea, so unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to figure that people are okay with it. I'll start the ball rolling next Monday, the 30th. It will be cool, like our big Family Temple day last March when we were all in the temple at THE SAME TIME. We should do that again this year. I'll look up temple schedules and post some suggestions.

5 - I'm going to have lunch with Adam now. It's warm enough so we're going to sit outside.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so long as you don't call Bryan and Brooke babies in their presence. They will take offense at it.

Eric said...

Trina, everyone loves the Sunday clothes, especially Laurel and I. Thanks a lot.

For the movie, one reason I want to pick just one day is that I want to do our filming and editing in the same day, and wrap it up with the premiere (a red carpet affair of course) that night.

Sounds crazy, I know, but there are a few reasons for this:

1. Focus. If we have a tough deadline, we will have more focus and more energy.

2. Time. We only have the three or four days together, and it would be nice to have time for other activities and visits.

3. Fun. I just love the idea of getting up early, making a movie, putting all the peices together, and then watching it that night.

So whichever day it is, I'd like to run the schedule that day. I'll put the schedule together after the shooting script is completed (which will be after the screenplay is completed). I'm also working on a schedule for the project overall.

What do you think?

treen said...

That's fine about the movie, Eric, but I still say Tuesday. Wednesday is a "just in case" day.

AND so Wednesday morning, you can tack on random footage from the "premiere" party to the end before you burn copies of the final DVD for everyone. What about that? HUH??? No extra features section is complete without footage from the Red Carpet. No editing or anything so it won't take any extra time.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric said...

That sounds good.

I think Tuesday is a good choice, unless others have reasons why it won't work. That's Tuesday, July 11.

About the DVD... I think it'd be better to put all the extra features together later. That way we can take our time and come up with some really fun documentaries and stuff. Plus, we can do something else on Wednesday that way. But it would be good to burn pretty simple DVDs for everyone then.

I don't know... that's what I think, but maybe there are other ideas.

At any rate, I agree with you. So there.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Tuesday is great. Trina also mentioned a family temple day. Could we possibly do taht on Wednesday when we're all together? That way we can really be together in the temple. Maybe we can even have Clarissa do some baptisms that day, just a thought.

Eric, I have no problem with you running the schedule on Tuesday. Are there any other specific things anyone wants on the schedule? When it gets closer I'll need to figure out menus because I know you all like to eat.

Anonymous said...

Besides, Wednesday is video scavenger hunt day.

Anonymous said...

Or Monday, since the temple is closed Monday. Or we could do both on Wednesday, since the video scavenger hunt is only a half-day activity anyway.