Friday, January 27, 2006

A more serious note...

Had anyone else heard about President Hinckley? I was looking up lesson materials for the Primary class I'm teaching on Sunday, and I noticed the news reports. Apparently, President Hinckley had surgery earlier this week to remove a cancerous growth from his large intestine.

The holiday for today is more serious as well. Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day. I wasn't able to find any holidays listed for tomorrow, but I heard that it will be the 20th anniversary of the Challenger launch (and I did confirm that information before sharing it with you all).

2 comments:

Emily said...

My institute teacher commented on that, and I read it in my LDS news e-mail, but he's apparently recovering.

Anonymous said...

BUT he's recovering?!? You make it sound like that's bad! No, the surgery is the bad part, and we're glad he's recovering!