Wednesday, January 25, 2006

family reunion stuff that is NOT the movie

Everyone should have gotten an email from Uncle Max today asking about "housing" needs during the Beers reunion up in Washington. My thought is that we all tell Mom here on the blog what we do/don't want for that, and Mom can send to Uncle Max one big Palmer response instead of him getting it in bits and pieces. We can coordinate among ourselves without burdening him with various details that we can probably resolve here.

For the 3 of us - me, Adam and Summer - we obviously would be a hassle in a "group room" of people sleeping on the floor lined up like cordwood, because of Summer needing to be fed in the middle of the night. I don't have a problem with camping at Max's - I think it would be kinda fun, even with a newborn (unless Mom knows something about feeding a baby in the middle of the night that I don't, that requires us to be indoors). We have NO camping equipment, and we wouldn't be able to fly it back and forth cross country even if we did. So we need bedding provided either way - inside or outside. Yes, I absolutely require an air mattress - my back wouldn't last 5 minutes on a floor or the ground, and who knows what state of birthing recovery I'll be in at that point anyway.

Also, WHEN is the Palmer reunion? No one has ever said. The Washington reunion is July 14-16, a Fri-Sun, if I remember right. Is our reunion before that, or after it? What are recommended dates of when should we be flying out there to Oregon? Should Adam and I fly into Portland or Seattle? If we fly into Portland, are there going to be enough cars to get everyone up to Uncle Max's? Jared/Michelle/Brooke/Bryan would also need transportation because of flying up to the Northwest.

Working on the movie is all well and good, but let's get some logistics hammered out here so we know what we're working with. Muchas gracias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting answers to Trina's questions