Saturday, January 07, 2006

2005

Well, 2005 was an interesting year. I had my first major heartbreak to start off the year. Then Uncle Bruce died and I got my teaching position all in the same week. Then everything happened with Mindy. Now I'm teaching fourth grade, currently stressing out of my mind, and trying to pull things together for an amazing year.

What have I learned: 1. Prayer works. I pray, several times a day, out of need, not habit. I have seen daily that prayers are answered.
2. Good News can be hard. And Bad news can be good. Teaching Job = good news = hard; Mindy divorce = bad news = good things!
3. Heavenly Father has a plan for my life. I know that I'm where I need to be, doing the things I need to be doing, even if it isn't where I wanted to be or what I wanted to be doing.
4. Teaching is a lot harder than anyone (other than teachers) realizes.

I probably shouldn't have written this today. I'm trying to put all of my grades together.... was at the school for 12 hours yesterday (only 6.5 hours with kids), and have been here today for six hours so far.... and I still have tons more to do.

-T

No comments: