Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Update from Eric

First of all, my teenage years were kind of a mix of good times and not so great times. Probably like anyone else. Like Trina, after high school was much more enjoyable for me. The YSA and college years were great. But being a teenager was not so bad.

>First off, I had a great family. I made movies and played with my brothers and sisters at home.
>I followed the Portland Trailblazers as they made it to the NBA finals in 1990 and 1992.
>I was a Boy Scout and got my Eagle award when I was 16. I enjoyed going to Scout Camp and spending time with my friends like Steve Ramos, Shane Blanchard, Scott Wirfs, and Max Walker.
>I was in the regional dance festival in Portland along with several of the girls and guys in the McMinnville 2nd Ward in 1989 (I think...). Around that time I started going to stake dances, which I really enjoyed.
>My junior and senior years I hung around with Nathan Dille a lot, and our senior year we were on the McMinnville High School swim team together.
>And I was in band, which I mentioned before.
>Earlier in high school I was on the speech team and involved in drama. Good times there. I mainly competed in humorous interp and after dinner speaking, but I never did give one of those speeches after a real dinner.
>And I wrote for the school paper my senior year. It was a good time. I wrote a few poems in addition to articles and editorials. My editor didn't like it when I called myself "Staff Poet". No sense of humor.

And an update on the family website:
It is coming soon. You will know when it happens.

No comments: