Saturday, September 04, 2004

Mindy's treasures

I'm not considering anything that I have right now heirlooms, for the simple fact that they're just mine now .. and haven't been passed down to anyone yet. Once they're passed down, that makes it official. Besides, there are so many things, I'm not sure what my children will want, and what will be more or less significant. I've got scrapbooks, a couple jewelry boxes, my toy box, etc. And the US quarters .. I don't know if they're definately heirloom material, but I would like to at least have one complete set, and since I don't live in the US anymore it's very hard for me to get quarters .. if someone could be saving me some, I'd really appreciate it. I've got everything through Maine.

I only have two letters from grandparents .. one card from Grandma Beers, and one card from Grandma Palmer. Other than that, I believe I have two items, passed down. I think. The first is a bracelet that I got from Mom .. a soild gold ring, except that its clasp was where the diamond slid under a small loop. I'm not sure who it belonged to originally. The other item is a small golden anchor that I can slip onto a chain and wear as a necklace. It's from Grandpa Palmer, or I just found it on Dad's desk, thought it looked cool, and he gave it to me, and then I just made up the fact that it was from his Dad. I'm really not sure .. he could have just found it from work.

The only thing that comes to mind when I want something from Mom and Dad, is Mom's jewelry box .. the one with the music box in it. I remember opening that when I was a kid, and always looking through the old jewelry in it. (The jewelry would probably be back in style today too!). I'd love to have the piano too, but I'm probably the last in line to get that.

No comments: