Thursday, September 02, 2004

Family Heirlooms

I'm still working on the last question but I'll move on. Should I wait until we get our own site to add more so I'm not using all of Eric's space? I have one more vacation ready to add and I'm only up to 1975. It's going to take some time to get all our eventful trips in here especially since most of the pictures aren't on my computer. It's a fun project though.

I also finished another of my 100 things I want to do. In "The Room" we have a U.S. map and a world map on the walls. I've marked where every temple is located and the ones I've been to.

In other news. I worked the last 3 days, but for some reason, I don't have to work again until Tuesday. That's when the kids start. I've come home very tired the last couple of days. It's always an adjustment.

Trina asked that I post a new question so here it is along with the answer. Are there any family heirlooms in your possession? Tell about them and how you came to acquire them.

I don't have a lot of family heirlooms but one thing I do have is my mother's doll trunk. It's rather beat up but it was something she always treasured. She kept it on a closet shelf and it always had old papers in it. When she was about four-years-old she got the trunk for Christmas. She kept her special treasures in it, like many of the poems she had written or collected and special letters. After I was married and was visiting my mother, I told her that when she was gone I wanted to have her trunk. It didn't really matter about any of the other things, but I really wanted that. She gave it to me then and there. Cheryl wasn't very happy about it. She said that was something she'd always wanted but since I asked first I got the trunk and it's contents. I have transcribed the poems she wrote onto our family history CD and most of the other papers are still in the trunk along with some of my special treasures.



No comments: