Thursday, September 16, 2004

Life as a Teenager

My teenage life wasn't too bad. Noticing the Trina said that she really felt like it was only high school, and anything after was YSA, I understand for her, since her YSA career lasted a bit longer than mine. Teenager time for me was high school AND college .. and then I was married 3 months after turning 20. I had plenty of friends in high school .. I always had people to eat lunch with (a big group), and I always went to the movies and hung out with Jenna and Ashley. I never did sports, but was big into choir and art. More prominent in memory was my other "after school activities" .. boys! Although most of this was over the internet, I did have a boyfriend (Derek) for just shy of 2 years. I had lots of internet "boyfriends" (Trina and Clarissa probably know the most about them) .. just lots of different guys I talked to online. I even ended up with a guy I talked to online (although we were introduced through friends), so I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I went to college for a little over a year .. not the happiest time in my life, but I learned a lot anyway. The coolest part of being a teenager though (besides getting engaged, and getting my driver's license the day before my 20th birthday) was my trip to Russia. Four months in central Russia, teaching the cutest bunch of kids .. visiting St. Petersburg .. it was just the coolest thing ever.

No comments: