Saturday, September 04, 2004

Remembering

I can remember learning about East Germany and West Germany. I can vaguely remember seeing the news when the wall came down... but sometimes I'm not sure if I really saw it when it happened or if I've just seen re-runs of the event a lot. I also don't think I realized the significance of what was happening when I saw it... I was only 11 years old at the time.

September 11th -- Yes, I definitely remember that. I was in my bedroom getting ready for work. I had the radio on and was listening to the news, something I normally did. I remember they were talking about a plane crashing into a building, and then as I was listening the second tower was hit. I ran and told my roommate, Kira, and she said she bet it was a terrorist attack. I then had to go to work and pretend like it was a normal day of teaching music. I listened to the radio the entire way to and from work and also on my lunch break, but I don't think the reality of what happened truly hit me until I watched the news that night. My roommates parents just happened to be in town and so we all went to their hotel room and watched the TV. When we finally got home, I remember sitting in the hall. All my roommates had gone to bed and I still had to read my scriptures. I remember praying about what had happened and then I opened up my scriptures and started to read. I can't remember off the top of my head what I was reading, but it was amazing because I read some verses that brought me peace about what had happened that day. It was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father is always watching over us and that the scriptures contain answers for all of our modern day problems.

Anyway, sorry I rambled and I'm sure it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but oh well.
Love,
Tawnia

No comments: