Friday, September 03, 2004

Eric's heirlooms

My favorite heirlooms are the photo albums Dad made for me when I was young. They only go up to about age nine, but they're great.

I have the boxing gloves chew toy Grandpa gave me as a baby hanging in my room, along with one of his tie bars.

I also really enjoy the Family History CD Mom put together. Reading the documents and looking over the family tree is always a very special experience.

I am interested in what happens to all the movies Dad made, and the movies his dad made. I hope we can preserve them somehow. Also, all the photographs. There are quite a few of them. It actually gets me thinking about all my mission photos that are still in a shoebox ten years later.

About Grandpa Palmer's pictures and things... most of them have been kept by Uncle Gary. I don't know how Trina's working out her claim on them, but I'll be interested to see how that goes down. I figure as long as our family treasures are preserved, copied, and shared, we should have no problems. I know there's a church program (or was it BYU? I think it was the church though) that preserves family histories and pictures. We may eventually want to look into something like that for some of the journals, blessings, photographs, and other original documents we have.

In other news, it's Labor Day weekend! Maybe I'll finally get the family website set up this weekend. Wouldn't that be nice?

Take care all!
Eric

No comments: