Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Concerning elves

Okay, fambly.

I've finished yet another manuscript for a fantasy novel (entitled The Embodiment of Magic, Book One of the Elfmarked Trilogy) which I shall attempt to have published. (If anyone has any ideas how to get into this industry, please feel free to tell me.) I am now looking for people to read it, sort of a test run. Yes, you can review the spelling and the grammar, but any computer can do that. I really need someone to tell me if it makes sense. Does the plot flow smoothly? Did someone's eye color suddenly change in the middle of the story? What did you think about the different characters? Did I use the same phrase seven times on one page?

So, how should we go about doing this? Should I e-mail you the individual chapters, or do you want all 72 pages (single spaced) in one massive e-mail? Should I post it on the blog one page at a time? Should I send you one chapter and refuse to send the next until you tell me how you liked the first?
How many of you will read it and give me feedback?

I know you are all very busy, but I also know that everyone in my family is an avid reader. Really, it's up to you if you want it in one or twenty e-mails. Remember, if you don't respond, I won't send it to you.

Love,
Emily Palmer, Author

No comments: