Wednesday, September 15, 2004

teenage life

Mom, my "pff" wasn't about the question itself, it was my response to the question. I know you pull the questions out of a jar.

Upon further reflection, the thing that stands out the most from being a teenager is pep band. That was tons o' fun. I did do a lot of things - the school paper for 4 years (copy editor my junior year, and news editor my senior year), track team manager for 3 years, band for 7 years including being in the orchestra for "Oklahoma" ... my friends were Cherilee and Traci, and a few other not so memorable people (since I don't really remember them). We met in band in 7th grade - Cherilee was my stand partner in the flute section, and Traci played the clarinet. It's so far away ... it's honestly just images. Even though I was still a teenager for a while after high school, I consider high school to be "teenage" life, and everything after that to be YSA life, no matter what my age was at the time.

I did get back in contact with Cherilee and Traci because of the wedding, which is really cool. I hadn't seen them since I was 19 (and we went to a Richard Marx concert for Cherilee's 20th birthday), and they came to the bridal shower and reception.

No comments: