Friday, September 17, 2004

I Talk to the Trees ....

Referring back to the last question, I noticed that a LOT of people mentioned drama class and plays and such. I was in two plays in middle school, and was in Drama club my freshman year (a few friends were in it), but nothing more ever came of it. I was also in French club (again, because I had a friend in it), even though I was in German class. But then, I never would have had the chance to eat Escargot!

After reading the new question, my first thought was, a willow tree. I've always thought they were such beautiful trees .. and we always had so much fun playing under the one that used to be at the bottom of the hill (which had to get cut down because it was leaning, obstructing our view, and it would have had to go anyway, because the road was put in). We could stand underneath it, and no one could see us from the park .. and we burried a bird underneath it (not to mention our 3 mice further down in the park). I really missed that tree. And then there's the willow up Market St. right before the railroad tracks. I would always grab at the branches .. and I remember one time when Emily and I were walking (to school?) and I got a long flimsy branch (more like a skinny whip), and pretended that I was herding bugs the whole way. See .. you thought it'd be such a boring question, but it brought back a lot of memories of my childhood. Another memory that doesn't have to do with trees, but was inspired by the question anyway(besides all the animals we tried to save), was playing in the long grass in the park. One summer they just never got around to mowing it or something, and because we were so short, we could make trails and rooms and everything through it, and crawling on our hands and knees, no one could see us. That was probably the easiest fort we ever made. (Okay, I won't even get started on the million clubs and forts that me, Nathan, and the Symolons made.)

No comments: