Saturday, September 18, 2004

116 days until Christmas

I am a Christmas tree, with white lights and ... I haven't decided what kind of ornaments yet. But definitely all white lights. Call me weird, but I have been all excited since January about decorating for Christmas. After Adam proposed and it sunk in that we were getting married, I was absolutely ecstatic that I get to decorate for Christmas. Not that I'm complaining about how Mom decorates and our family traditions like caroling and all, because I'm not. Love it all. But now it's my turn to be creative in my own home, and to carry on traditions, and to start my own.

And on that Christmasie note, I was wondering what everyone wants to do about gifts. The reason I bring this up now is because I'd like to have everything in the mail by December 1st. We have a couple of different options - we can draw names by family (Trina and Adam get Mindy and Jason) OR we draw names individually (I get Laurel and Adam gets Emily). You get the idea from the examples. Mom and Dad can do that and post the list of who has whom. OR everyone can just do their own thing, depending on their finances this year. Personally, I'm planning to get something for Mom and Dad, and for Brooke and Bryan, but beyond that, I'll go with whatever the plan is.

So what does everything think? It's the end of September ... time to build the wish lists and start shopping. Yay!

Love, Trina

No comments: