Friday, September 03, 2004

Heirlooms

Well, I don't think I have a whole lot of things in the heirloom department. I have a Christmas Tree Pin that I got when Grandma Beers died. I also have some letters that she wrote to me when I was little. (And if we're making requests for what we want, I would like Grandma's doll trunk in the future.)

Other than that, I have a dress that was my Easter dress at age three (which should become an heirloom for my children and grandchildren.) And of course a lot of other random things from my own childhood.

Mom, what things do you want to pass on from your life as "heirlooms" for us? Just curious.

I know one thing that I can do is give away my thimble collection. I knew an older sister who had collected thimbles and before she passed away she gave one to each of her grandchildren and wrote the story of why it was significant to her and why she wanted it to be their's. I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, I would also love a copy of Grandma's story... but that's something I think we should all get. I never did get to finish reading that. (And I don't think I ever got one of those family history CDs. I tried taking one and then you took it back from me because it didn't have Dad's stuff on it.)

Love,
Tawnia

No comments: