Monday, September 13, 2004

I did some looking around at my store to figure out what it would take to turn all those old movies into DVD's. So I guess this message is directed at Mom and Dad. Option one would be to buy one of those combo machines with both a VCR and a DVD burner. Option two, which I recommend, is to get a capture card for the computer (lets you hook up a TV antenna or a VCR to the computer and save video files) and get a DVD burner in the computer. This option will probably come out costing less, and it will give you the chance to edit the films, change what order they're in, add menus, and whatever else you feel like adding. DVDs can hold computer files too, pictures and GEDCOM and whatever. The software really isn't difficult to learn -- even my children's grandparents could learn how to use it. And with as many home videos as you have, it would be tons cheaper than going to one of those companies to do it for you.

No comments: