Thursday, September 16, 2004

The day you have all been waiting for...

No joke everyone - I'm finally writing on the blog!
This is Amanda
and this is my first appearance :c)

I'm kind of bummed to write after such a sobering email from Trina about Adam's family and everything that's happening down there. We'll be praying for them and I know you'll keep us updated. Man...makes me grateful that the church is so focused on food storage and disaster preparation. I really hope they'll be ok.

Nathan may have been purposefully trying to irritate me into writing by putting the subject line that he did. I do NOT hate it when he posts on the blog...but we usually do read it all at once, which does take forever...so i do just want to go do something else after...but I don't hate it!!

Perhaps I'll write a looooong post to make up for all of my lost time. Hmmm...well for the moment I just want to update everyone on my accomplishments - I'm now an official Oregon resident with license, new title and plates for my car, and my new social security card is in the mail. Everything is all changed at school, the banks, the post office, and with health insurance. I got new car insurance that includes Nathan and added him to the title of my car (cuz we're selling his since we wont' really need two).

Things are going very well for us - people always ask how married life is, and I must say it is great fun! We hang out, attempt to cook things, play games, watch movies, occasionally go places and see other people, and work a lot...I'm going to school full time and Nathan starts next week.

Next year we're hopefully moving to Corvallis to both go to OSU. I really really really want to get into a Master's program there in College Student Services Administration. I'm not sure what else I'll attempt besides that, but I really hope I get in. If I do, Nathan will transfer to OSU also.

Um...my high school years were very exciting - senior year especially - I was in two plays, I was the Peer Mediation Coordinator at my high school, front page editor of the school paper, and I did a lot of stuff with my LDS friends (at that point, I was a wannabe). My teenage years were eventful, full of many many ups and downs, highs and lows that I'm glad to have gotten through.

I played the piano for six years when I was little - but she never taught me like chords, or how to read music particularly well, or how to put together notes in regular patterns, or how to memorize things...so basically I learned 6 years of specific songs, and memorized pretty much nothing. I can read music and I enjoy playing really simple things...but I would not consider myself talented. I've played the guitar somewhat on my own, and I think I understood more why my teacher didn't teach me chords or how to put together patterns or anything, cuz really all I like to do on the guitar is play the melody notes of songs...though I have memorized quite of few of the melodies of the "Hymns Made Easy" from that green book. I also am rather talented at playing the jaw harp, though I don't actually own one.

One heirloom I have is my great-grandma's rocking chair. She had it since she was a very little girl and it is a fairly little rocking chair. She passed away this year, the night before Trina's wedding actually, when she was 97, so it is quite an old rocking chair. We don't sit in it very much, but I like having it around...it is special to me. From my dad's side of the family, I also have a ring that was my grandma's before she passed away. On it, she had a birthstone for each of her children and grandchildren. She only had two children and four grandchildren so that was a little simpler than it would be in some Palmer families I could name!

There are probly some other questions that I'd like to answer, but I gotta go - like one of my favorite family vacations - but there will be time. Now that I've written once, you'll NEVER get rid of me!! haha...anyways...

Take care everyone!
Love,
Manda

No comments: