Monday, September 13, 2004

National Voter Registration Week

I just spent 2 hours in a rather boring Elections Assistance Commission meeting, but did learn one thing - this week is National Voter Registration Week. So if you haven't done that paperwork yet, then GET ON IT! I've registered to vote here in DC, but haven't gotten my precinct card yet - I've tried calling the Elections office, but they have this habit of not answering their phone. So I'm going to go to their office in person ... they should have just picked up the phone when I tried calling them.

Anyway, so go register to vote, or get your absentee ballot sent to you. Mindy, you should still be able to vote absentee because you're still legally a resident of Oregon. And for kicks, when you answer Mom's question about your teenage social life, tell us also what election you first voted in, and who you voted for President. Or something. The first election I could vote in (because my birthday was too late in 1990) was 1992 - Bush the First vs. Clinton, I voted for Bush, Clinton won.

K - gotta go - another meeting out of the office in about an hour and a half, that goes until about 8 tonight. Have a good one. Oh - and Mom's new question about a teenage social life - pff! WHAT teenage social life? Okay, so that's exaggerating but not by much ... my college and YSA social life was much, much more involved.

No comments: