Friday, September 03, 2004

3-day weekend - hooray!

Happy Labor Day weekend, where we don't labor!

Dad, exactly how long were you in the elevator anyway?

Mom, were you planning to put ALL of your vacations here on the blog? Cuz you've been on plenty of vacations, especially since 1973. I thought that's why you were writing a BOOK, to put them in THERE. I'm glad that you got the doll trunk instead of Aunt Cheryl, because of all of your siblings, you're the one that actually would take the best care of the papers inside as well as type them up and share them with everyone else. Maybe Uncle Max would do the work to share them ... but definitely no one else. That's kinda sad to think about, but it's the truth.

Family heirlooms - I have Grandma Palmer's pearls. I have no idea why I have them - she hasn't died, and I got them years ago. I think Dad just handed them to me one day before my mission. What I WANT are the Shirley Temple pictures. And I would looooooove Grandpa Palmer's contact book that Uncle Gary has. From Grandma and Grandpa Beers, the only thing I have is my dollhouse that Grandpa built for me. It's a banged up piece of junk now, the colors are horribly garish by today's standards, and it's completely out of proportion for any dolls. But I will never get rid of it. Yes, it is still my intention to fix it up (new paint, and probably make it 3 levels instead of 2) when I have a daughter, and pass it to her. Aaaaaaand ... where is the blessing dress that all 5 of us girls were blessed in? It wasn't used for Brooke, was it? That's all I can think of for now.

No comments: