Monday, September 20, 2004

the pet question

All the pets that surfaced in the Palmer house showed up after I was gone. So we never had a pet when I was there. Maybe the outdoor cats - I remember naming kittens. But then we gave them away.

Adam is allergic to cats and dogs - the last month before we were married, he stayed with his friend Cory who has a cat. Adam would stay here at the apartment with me as late as he could, then drug himself up on Benadryl and drive to Cory's before he fell asleep. As soon as he woke up, he would immediately come back to the apartment. And even with all of THAT, he was still sick. Soooooo ... our pet is a stuffed Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, which sits on the back of our couch with his big grin. He's the perfect pet - we can cuddle him and he doesn't scratch us, or make messes to clean up, or stink, or need to be fed ... Maybe we'll get a fish later - for now, we don't have anywhere to put it.

And back to Christmas - I would like to get an Ensign subscription for anyone who does not have one. This garbage of "I can read it on the computer" is stupid - no one ever does. But when it's a magazine that you can hold in your hands and it sits around in front of your face if you don't put it away, or surfaces unexpectedly when you're cleaning - you're much more inclined to read it. And it's very good - I think it's important to have in your homes. So please let me know of who does not get the Ensign. Also, Jared - do you get the Friend for the kids? Anyone who DOES already get the Ensign, yes, I will think of something else to get for you. No worries.

Love, Trina

No comments: