Friday, October 28, 2005

The Writer Speaks

Thank you for all of your comments and thoughts. I welcome any opinions and suggestions.

Mindy, I realized I had left Super Funny out of the first draft, but he will be there. "He's on vacation." Eric, maybe they could call the Rent-a-Hero again and thus enlist the help of the Super Cute Babies at the end.

I know I have little on the character development, and that needs a lot of work. I just wanted to get the basic structure and plot outline, as well as a few of the jokes we might use. Yes, they are family jokes, but this is a family movie. If we could put other family movies on the DVD, that would be great, especially because that is where a lot of the jokes originate. (The toilet joke comes from "Day at the Beach," and the the idea of renting a hero comes from "Super Kids.")

I know that the end really needs a lot of work, and it will have to be rewritten, but I have not gotten that far with it yet. I didn't want to just abruptly end the script in the middle of the chase scene, so now we have something to work off. I was basing it off the suggestions giving during our chat. (Eric wanted basketball, and Mom wanted an alien named Egbert, and someone suggested that the babies save the day.) We'll figure it out.

No comments: