Friday, October 28, 2005

blah blah blah

Well, at least people are talking about the movie now and giving feedback on the script. Here are my brief responses:

1 - I kinda thought I was volunteering to be an assistant screenwriter, not trying to "steal" Emily's job or boss her around. Apparently that was not clear, so I'll be more explicit. Please sign me on as the assistant screenwriter, and I will be Emily's assistant. Thank you.

2 - the idea was not to use Pink Panther jokes, or the accent, or anything else, but to use the plot device, which is: someone is trying to solve a crime, bungles it all up, and ends up solving it by accident.

3 - when choosing the jokes to use, you must consider the audience. Yes, it's our "family movie" but are we the only ones to watch it? Or is it our "family movie" that we will make, and then show to other people? Pick the audience, then target the jokes to the audience. Inside jokes are fine - sparingly. Not the whole thing. That's all I was saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank yiu for clarifying all of this Trina. I understood these points quite well, but clearly some others did not. Now that that's all clear, you two can get on with your job, and we will all have a rocking good time next summer.