Friday, October 28, 2005

The Script

I enjoyed the script so far. I think it's a good start. I understand that there are a lot of family jokes, but ummm... it's our family movie. I think we should add more humor but that doesn't mean deleteing the inside jokes. As I was discussing it with Mindy I noted that I love the show Gilmore Girls because it is funny.... yet I don't get half of their jokes because they refer to so many different obscure music groups, movies, etc. I don't get the majority of the jokes, but when I do get some they crack me up. Now, this seems to me to be the same kind of situation. No, we don't want to have to explain any inside jokes to outsiders... (that's why they are called inside jokes) and I'm not saying in-laws are outsiders. Once they have been members of the family for long enough they'll have seen some of the other movies we've made and eventually get the inside jokes. (Why ruin something that is funny to us just because someone else doesn't get it?) But we should definitely add more things that will be funny to more people (ie the extended family.)

Now, there are some things in the script that I don't get... like why does Captain Chaos get distracted by "super cute babies" at the end??? I think the basic plot is cute, but we need a bit more action and a different ending.

Those are my suggestions so far.

T

No comments: