Monday, October 03, 2005

What I got out of conference

Well, I was going to have this posted this morning, but around 9:15, the power went out, and it didn't come back on until about noon. Anyway . . .

  • Read the Book of Mormon. At least six speakers brought this up. I'm in Mosiah right now, which is where I should be. I have to read about four pages a day to finish it by the end of the year. Where are you?
  • Be obedient, keep the commandments, and follow the prophets.
  • Be prepared both physically and spiritually (because faith doesn't store well).
  • Build an eternal family. This could be the mission statement for mortality, as Elder Ballard said. During brunch yesterday, I said that cousins are forever.

And there were other great talks on happiness, inner beauty, the Master Healer, the Atonement, Joseph Smith, and the events leading up to the Restoration.

No comments: