Thursday, October 13, 2005

more collecting

I collect money from my employer, and I was just informed of the verdict on the annual "performance based" raises - we can receive anywhere from zero to 6%, and I am receiving a 4 1/2% raise effective with tomorrow's paycheck. Yay for me! It's not a whole lot in the long run, but every little bit helps. And soon - hopefully - Adam will be collecting money from an employer as well. He's been interning at the Senate Judiciary all this time, which means working for FREE. (*frown*) They're finally getting around to interviewing him for a full time position, which would likely start in December when he's done with school. If they open up a position for him at all. But we're supposed to know by Nov. 1 what the deal is so he can look for something else if necessary.

Other than that ... golly, I don't even know anymore. I used to collect picture frames but most of them are still in storage in Oregon, and I wouldn't have anywhere to put them if they were here. At one point, I was starting to collect miniature carousel horses and I got a couple as gifts, but those are all still in Oregon too. I still think they're very pretty but never see them anywhere anymore. I need to rethink this collection thing. Soon I will be collecting things like baby toys and big tent shirts.

No comments: