Sunday, October 02, 2005

general conference

Day 2 starts in a couple of hours - Adam is watching "Light of the World" right now. It's the performance that was in the Conference Center during the Olympics, and it's our favorite church DVD.

What I got out of conference so far:
- spiritual preparedness for adversity - depend on the Lord, build your personal faith, obedience obedience obedience, read the Book of Mormon, attend the temple, follow the prophet.
- the importance of making family our top priority. The importance of extended family also stood out to me, so I hope that we can be a good influence with Brooke and Bryan and Stevie even though we're so far away.

What Adam got out of conference so far:
- Prepare ye, prepare ye for hell to set loose. (Translation: buy a frame pack and specific camping supplies for the 72 hour pack. NOW.)
- follow the prophet and stick with the Brethren.
- seek harmony in our family and remember that children are on loan from Heavenly Father.

Good stuff so far! Looking forward to the rest of it, and then to reassess what we need to DO to incorporate all this stuff more thoroughly into our lives.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've heard the "Light of the World" CD, but I've never actually seen it, though I love the music. I'd like to have it. Well, it's October -- time to start thinking about Christmas shopping.

Em