Wednesday, October 26, 2005

muchas gracias!

Thank you, Jared and Tawnia, for the posts. Mom got through to me this morning on the phone, and Dad just now called me at EXACTLY 10:26 am (west coast time - the time I was born) and sang Happy Birthday to me. I got my presents from Adam this morning - the new Cinderella DVD as well as Legally Blond 2.

I thought about waiting for Adam to make his own announcement, but it's turned out to be kinda one of my presents ... Adam finally had his official interview at the Senate this morning and was told that he'll start on payroll as of Jan. 1. Hooray! Hooray for getting PAID! He'll make just slightly less than me and receive full benefits - that's really good for a starting position in this town, and solid anywhere for someone in their first job after undergrad. I'm VERY happy about this, because now we can start on our financial plans for the next year. We have a lot of major purchases to make - including a new car with AC (summer with no AC would NOT be good for the baby), plane tickets to the reunion, all the baby preparations, and moving expenses for next August. There's a lot to save up for.

No comments: