Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Penguins

I collect several things: I'm trying to collect all the state quarters, as well as some other interesting coins, and I have a few rocks. When we travel, I buy postcards. I pick out ones that have some personal significance to me. For example, in my collection, I have postcards of the mountain we could see from our campsite in Zion, the horses I rode on the first time I went on the Riverfront Carousel, and the boat we went on at Niagara Falls.

And lately, I have been accumulating penguins. I've always like penguins; they were so much fun to watch at the zoo. Mindy gave me a little toy penguin, and then I got another that was almost identical to the first. And Mindy gave me half a dozen figurines for Christmas one year, and last year Nathan and Amanda gave me a penguin. And there's the one I got at Sea World. And there's the one I got at the zoo years ago. So right now I have eleven little toy penguins. (And I am planning on taking at least one or two with me to college.)

No comments: