Thursday, October 07, 2004

webstuff

Okay, here's what I've got now. I tried a few different ways to change the font on the website to something a little flashier, but to no avail. The explanation is that web browsers such as Internet Explorer (which is the one I use) can only support certain fonts, which are the basic plain ones and not much else. There is possibility which I have on my personal homepage only on my computer, which is that all of the links are pictures. In order to do this with the sidebar, I would need some pretty small pictures of everyone to use. Also, I think that the sidebar should be consistent (as opposed to three people having picture links and everyone else not) so I would need pictures from everyone to make that work. It could get tricky, but it's a possibility. My personal vote is I like it how it is. I can however make the sideber resizeable so you can make it as wide or narrow as you want. Everyone has different monitor sizes and resolutions. I'll get to that possibly this weekend sometime. Also, Dad wanted a guestbook page. I've got a simple one put together now, just with name, city/state, and comment. The whole thing is e-mailed to the webmaster@insanityinc.net who can then post it onto the page or not. That's a much simpler program to write than the ones that post automatically. That's something else I'll get onto the site later, after I've worked all the bugs out.

No comments: