Monday, October 25, 2004

Time for a new question?

It looks like everyone is learning how to post things on the webpages and the discussion on that has dropped off. I now have most of the Christmas lists, except for Eric's and Laurel's, (Eric mentioned a few movies on the phone) and Emily's (she could only think of one or two things) and Nathan and Amanda's (they've mentioned a few things). I still need to write up mine and Dad's so I think we'll do that tonight. If any of you want copies of these lists, let me know, and if you need to know what others are getting, let me know that, too.

I just pulled another question from the jar: Did you have a bicycle? What was it like? Remember, we want to hear from the in-laws, too. I think I'll get Dad to tell about his bikes. He may even have some stories that you haven't heard.

I need to get back to writing my vacation stories. Some day I may finish that question.

Love ya,
MOM

1 comment:

tawngap said...

I figured I could just post my answer this way... so if someone wants to find it, they have to look for it... hehe. Though obviously if you're reading this you found it.

Okay, so I was just thinking about the first time I got a bike. It was for Christmas and the three older kids all got new bikes, so I got the small green one that had previously been owned by one of the boys. I remember that I was so excited to try it out, only it was Sunday and it had actually snowed that year... so there I was in a dress pushing my bike up the hill to go and ride it on the pavement, and Mom yelled for me to come inside... Eventually I did learn to ride a bike and had some great adventures.

For instance I remember that the rule was always that we couldn't pass the railroad tracks, but one time I was just out following Eric and Jared and they passed the tracks... so I followed, and then they headed out of town, and I kept following... I had no clue where they were going. The next thing I knew we were riding our bikes to McMinnville. Only I couldn't ride up hill very well, so I would have to get off and walk it. Once we got to town Eric cut himself somehow, so we were all walking home together. Someone from the ward stopped and picked us up and took us home. I don't remember if we got in trouble or not, but I do remember feeling really bad because Eric cut his leg. And I remember that I didn't tag along after Eric and Jared very much after that.