Saturday, October 30, 2004

Fun after 50

Thanks, Jared, for the poem. I'd never read it before so I hadn't gotten all the details of it. I thought it was based on another thing I'd read about the stages of womanhood. I guarantee that I won't do all the things listed in the poem. But I plan on having fun. I have my list of 100 things I want to do in my lifetime. A lot of them are places I want to travel to. I have books I want to read and things I want to do. Daddy and I have a list of places we want to see when we go to Europe, maybe we'll rent a tandem bike and see some of the countryside that way. Can you picture me on a bike with my red hat flying? I want to hike on the Appalachian Trail and play in the gulf of Mexico. I want to ride on a sailboat and a helicopter. Life after 50 can be fun and exciting. We've got lots of good years in us yet. Sometimes I feel a little old but mostly I just feel like me.

Love,
MOM

No comments: