Saturday, October 09, 2004

Emily's Strange Adventures at the Post Office

Date: Friday, October 8.

Final day to return books for a full refund.

It would have helped if the instructor of my internet English class had informed us before last Wednesday that one of our books really wasn't needed. It was entitled: "Female Quiniox" or something like that. (Really, it was!)

So, since we were not going down to Salem until Saturday (and that would do no good because the Chemeketa bookstore would not be open -- go figure), I had to mail the book in order to return it. So, I found an envelope, scanned the reciept and printed a copy (a very large copy, I might add), and hiked up to the post office. The time was 12:27, and the postal workers were all at lunch. But I did pick up the mail and then walked back.

After an hour or so, I went back up to the post office. I waited in line while a couple of other people mailed packages, and then it was my turn. And then I discovered that I did not have enough money, so I had to go back home and get more.

I walked down the street through the pouring rain, the package still tucked under my arm, dug through the change bucket, got a few more quarters, and then walked out again, still dripping wet. That is how it took me three trips to mail one package.

Emily

P.S. Eric, you rock!

No comments: