Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Rainy Days in Sunny California

Hi All!

Last night Laurel and I made some changes to our page. Be sure to check it out. We hope you like it.

It's raining hard here. It started Sunday morning and today is the worst yet. It's nice to hear the rain on the roof, and all this rain reminds me of home (I hear you Tawnia). I'm sure it won't last though. It is good to have the moisture. Our neighbor Fred was in the hospital and when he came back to the rain he was happy about it. I said "Someone had to water your flowers" and he said "Yes, God stepped in and took care of it. He has a way of doing that." His home healthcare nurse also stepped in to take care of it before the rain started.

Today I'm teaching an Excel class. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm always nervous on teaching days for some strange reason. Work is okay. School is pretty good. Home life is fantastic. Church is great. Overall I'd say these are wonderful times. I'm working on my Jungle Chicken website quite a bit (don't check yet Trina, the changes won't be posted for a few months). It's nice to set a goal and then work to accomplish it.

Happy Anniversary Mindy and Jason! I thought it was later in the month, but obviously I was wrong. October 19th is it? 18th?

And I just realized I haven't addressed Mom's questions in a while. What was one of the recent ones? Older, younger, middle child? Well, as you know I am the second of eight and the first boy. That makes me an older child I guess. I have enjoyed it, though I used to wish I had a big brother. Like in that book 1984. Someone to watch over me. But I probably had a little too much fun being the boss, being the big brother for good or ill. Sorry if I beat any of you up too much. I can be such a jerk, and I've been trying to do better in that area ever since. So I enjoy being one of the oldest, but I am sad if it has turned me into an irredeemable know-it-all, bossy, jerk.

Anyway, I love all of you and we talk about you and pray for you all the time.

Your pal,
Eric

No comments: