Monday, October 11, 2004

A new budgie

Sally hatched yesterday (Sunday) so now there are three baby birds of various sizes, and one egg left. Seedy has grown quite a bit since he (she?) hatched a few days ago. Polly has now been sitting on her eggs and her chicks (they need to be kept warm since they don't have feathers yet) for several weeks. Petey has been feeding her and the chicks. All of them are in the nest box (it looks like a birdhouse) a lot of the time. It's really neat to see their parental instincts coming out. I'm sure Laurel will have more to say as the parakeet family grows.

In other news, Laurel's brother Delwin (the one who got married last Christmas) and his wife Tavy had a baby girl named Lillian. Laurel's sisters Rachel and Amber are both pregnant. Yeah. We're working on it.

On Saturday I went to the college for a symposium all day. I probably already wrote that.

The cookbook looks great. I'm excited to recreate some of my childhood favorites, and try some new recipes as well.

And now I'm tired because I took a nap yesterday afternoon and then I couldn't get to sleep at night and then I had to get up early this morning.

No comments: