Saturday, October 16, 2004

q&a

Mom, I was thinking that maybe you should give the questions a haitus for the moment - everyone is primarily focusing on the novelty of the new site and getting it up and running. There's the occasional story of Mindy's trip to the zoo and my work project being done, but mostly, the website. Once that settles down, bring the questions back.

I will say one thing about Tawnia's response though - she made a comment about the pressure to get married was always focused on me (at least I'm assuming that's who she meant when she said "the first") and now it's on her. Well, Tawnia, enjoy the LACK of pressure we get from Mom and Dad about getting married because believe you me, Mom and Dad don't pressure us. They may make comments occasionally, and Jared may put silly captions with entertaining pictures, and we all may do the Dance of Joy when you have a date, but that's not really pressure. Pressure is when your parents tell you to your face that you're not dating often enough (even though you're active socially and you refuse to settle for the riff-raff that comes parading by) and that you're a failure for being over 25 and not married. Pressure is people in the Dayton Ward making REALLY stupid and offensive comments like "So, are you jealous your younger brother is getting married before you?" (True story, and 7 years later, I can even still tell you who said it.)

So no, we don't get pressure from Mom and Dad. Never did. It wasn't focused on me with a shift to you, because it just ain't there. Kudos to Mom and Dad for that.

No comments: