Monday, March 27, 2006

The Writer Speaks

READ THE SCRIPT.

That way you can see exactly what we have planned before you cast your vote. In fact, I think it very likely that those who have voted against the movie have not read it.

Second, I spent a lot of work trying to put a lot of ideas together in order to make an almost coherent story that will be fun for the whole family. Role sizes, filming locations, and everyone's opinions were taken into consideration. Trina and I worked very hard on this.

Have you read the script yet?


Yes, there was some conflict -- "stop doing my job," "don't breathe down my neck," "I want a bigger part," "I want a little part." Yes, there were times when even I was tired of it, partially because I had a dozen other things going on at the same time. So I can understand Jared's feelings, but that's no excuse for telling up to scrap the whole thing, or to remove the movie page from the web site.

Besides, Jared, what's your problem? YOU WROTE THE MUSIC MONTHS AGO!!!

I am the WRITER. I say we should do it. If we don't, this will cause even more stife and conflict, because you will never get me to waste my time on another family-related project again.

2 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Calm down Sweetheart. I think you're in the majority anyway. I think it will be fun and I know your Dad is really looking forward to doing this. Both Jared and Clarissa said they are willing to do their part, and those parts are both fairly small. I told Jared to post his feelings now rather than let everyone think he was following through with the music when he wasn't. If he doesn't want to do the music, we can pick up the slack. Like Trina said, Nathan can write the music, or Eric or Tawnia or Mindy or Trina or you or even me. I'm sure we can still pull that part together. It would be helpful to have what Jared has already done but if he doesn't choose to share that, we can write or find something else. I think you've done an excellent job with the script. You have enough dialog to keep the storyline and you leave enough space for ad-libbing and making our parts our own.

treen said...

Sheesh, Emily. That's the way to get people to work on family projects - to threaten "even more strife and conflict." I love how people are anticipating fights already - like they're inevitable. Not really. Hellooooo ... last time we did a movie, we were all teenagers. Now we're all adults - real live bona fide legal adults. Let's start acting like it. If you come into a situation expecting to get mad, you're already on the defensive and you will get mad. If you expect to have fun, you'll be able to blow off little disagreements much better instead of getting all bent out of shape over something stupid.

AND - let me just say that I think that even if we bailed on the whole project now, it still wasn't a waste of time. Sometimes, projects just don't work out and that's okay. I think this one will go over fine, but I'm just sayin'.