Thursday, March 30, 2006

What I did...

I went to Silver Creek Falls State Park and took pictures. I have since added them to my pictures page. They are in order of when I saw the different falls, I think. It was the most ideal day that I have ever been there. It was a little cool in the morning, but warmed up to around 60 or mid 60s, and because of all the rain the falls were full. I was there with a group of eight missionaries so the company wasn't too bad until they decided to toss a log over one of the falls. There was graffiti on many of the safety features, such as the rails on platforms and bridges. That bothered me, but not nearly as much as the graffiti on the rocks and cliff walls. Who cares if R likes E? They won’t like each other in the next few years. I was a little upset. Despite the graffiti and the immature elders, it was a good day. Though I do wish my wife had been able to go and share in the more beautiful scenery.

Nathan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is the kind of stuff I thought the blogs were for! I'd much rather read about this than all that movie stuff. I notice nobody had anything to say about any of my alternative suggestions, nor about anything we've actually been doing in our lives. Just blah blah blah about the movie. And exactly zero of my many many suggestions made it into Dad's "final" schedule. Hey Tawnia, remember that "90th percentile" thing I said? It's like 70th percentile now.

treen said...

Now we have to SCHEDULE a game of Boggle? Or any other kind of game? Geez. I thought those just kind of happened - whatever people wanted to do AT THAT TIME. Not 4 months in advance.

Nathan, thank you for sharing the pictures of Silver Creek - the falls look great and it made me a little homesick for Oregon. I'm very excited to go home for the reunion - ALL of it!!! No matter what we do!!!

Emily said...

Jared, weren't YOU the one who suggested the talent show?

And what are we going to be doing at FHE if not playing games? We can decide what game we want to play then.

By the way, I didn't see the pictures.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Emily, look on Nathan's page under pictures. If you scroll down they are there. Nate, I'm so glad you were able to get such beautiful pictures of the falls and avoid the graffiti. I hate it when people do that.

Mindy Sebastian said...

If the pictures don't show up, just hit refresh, and they'll be there.