Friday, March 24, 2006

Where I've been

I've been kind of busy, and I'm sure you can all relate. I've been meaning to get caught up with the blog and all, I really have.

Anyway, it's been an action-packed week. FHE on Monday, Ward basketball Tuesday and Wednesday, EQ visits and meeting on Thursday, and a ward activity tonight. SWEET!

Last weekend we helped a team of about 20 youth from the stake put on a 5 minute skit. We had 24 hours to put it on. It was quite an adventure. All of the skits were combinations of Disney cartoons. Ours was a mix of Alice in Wonderland and Monsters Inc. It was pretty darn awesome. I ran the script group (and also recorded and mixed the soundtrack) and Laurel ran the art department. A young woman from our ward, Jenny, put together props and some costumes, and the dance. We were the only group with a pre-recorded soundtrack, which was cool because everyone could hear all our lines and we weren't tied to a microphone. It was also funny since different actors had different voices. Laurel ran the lights during the show, but I just kicked back and watched. It was a lot of fun to see how well they did and how much they got into it.

Anyway, it got me thinking about how crazy this family activity is going to be this summer, and also how fun. I know one thing we really have to do is log all the video we do. I have an idea for a tape log I'll send to Dad before he starts shooting anything.

I'm hoping to update my page this weekend. I know, I've made this sort of statement before and nothing happened, but I think if I just put my mind to it, it just might happen.

No comments: