Sunday, March 05, 2006

meeting the in-laws

I met the first in-laws at the weddings - I was 13 or 14, so I was so engrossed in my own life that I didn't really care who my brothers were marrying, and I just accepted it. (Not that I wouldn't have accepted it otherwise, but there you go.) I still haven't met Adam, so I'll have to report back to you this summer on that. And I don't remember the specific time meeting Amanda, because she was around so often after the first time, that it just blurred together. I agree with Trina, it's much more enjoyable and memorable getting to know the in-laws, instead of just meeting them the first time. Meeting Jason's family was interesting. We went to out to dinner with his Dad and sister, Lisa, and I was very nervous. They were very welcoming and accepting of me, and were always happy to see me after that. I probably met his Mom and her boyfriend (now husband) and their apartment, and although I was equally as nervous they were equally as accepting.

No comments: