Friday, March 10, 2006

Playing tourist

Hello, family.

I've been having a good time in D. C. I went to the Smithsonian -- I especially liked the "Price of Freedom" exhibit at the history museum and the mineral and gemstone collection at the Natural History museum. I also visited some museums I'd never been to before -- the Asian and African art museums and the Native American museum, and today I went to the postal museum. I also went to the Arlington House and saw the eternal flame at the Kennedys' grave. Then I had lunch by the Potomac. It's been a very busy week.

3 comments:

Skippy said...

That is so cool, Emily. I am jealous of all that awesome stuff that you get to do back there. I never get to do anything like that anymore. I have to go to boring ol' Europe this summer... oh wait... I guess that is cool too. But seriously, that is cool that you get to do all of that stuff. How the heck is the movie coming?

tawngap said...

Hey, I remember going to the Postal Museum. It was pretty interesting. And now that you're talking about all these museums, it makes me want to come out to D.C. some time this summer so I can go to some of them. (I teach about Africa, China, Japan, and Native Americans.) Hmmm... maybe I'll have to look into this.

treen said...

Nathan and Tawnia - and anyone else - you're welcome to come visit, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind for this year. 1 - Only one or two people at a time, because that's all we have space for. We still don't know what the deal is with a potential move for this summer. 2 - You're in line. Adam's sister Clara and her husband, Adam's mom, our parents, and Emily will all be here at some point. I suppose Tawnia could come when Emily is here in August ... but call me to talk about it if you're serious.