Saturday, March 11, 2006

one of THOSE weeks

Not much of a baby report this time ... doctor's appointments continue to be normal. We're touring a hospital in a couple of weeks. I've put the brakes on Adam buying more clothes for Summer until after the baby shower. I'm still the same with perpetual pain in my lower back and hips, and I can't move very well. Since hitting the 3rd trimester a couple of weeks ago, my energy level has really gone downhill. I'm exhausted all the time.

Work has been really hectic the last couple of weeks, with major lobbying activity with Congress and tracking amendments flying every which way in hearings. And we're a month from our spring conference here in DC, so I have lengthy phone call and email lists that just get longer no matter how much I do. I also had my mid-year review this week (our "year" for reviews and raises starts in Sept. so March is halfway). With 2 bosses instead of 3, it's been a much nicer working environment since December because I can get deeper into a project without getting yanked around all the time on different things. I'm doing well with everything and my bosses are pleased, but at the same time, they want me to really step it up to see what I'm fully capable of. Interesting timing. On one hand, I totally agree - I've been waiting for an opening like this for a good long time, to see how far I can go with this job. On the other hand ... NOW?? When I'm 2 months away from maternity leave, and I feel successful just for surviving a day? Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place.

Can't think of much else at the moment. It sounds like everyone's super busy, and that's why we've had a lag in postings. I'll try to keep up, but I suspect that for the next couple of months, I'm going to be on the downside because I'm just too stinkin' tired to even think. Good luck with everything, everyone!

No comments: