Tuesday, September 27, 2005

We're Home

Okay, Jared is back at work. We are fine. It took 11 hours to get here, but we're here. The stop at Burger King took 1 and half hours. They were out of ketchup and soft drinks, but Bryan still got apple juice. Each time we stopped for the bathroom we stood in line for about 15 minutes. The rest stops had porta-potties set up to help with the large number of evacuees. The trip was better than the trip out. On the trip out, I had the stomach flu while in unbelievable gridlock. Yes, I was one of the people vomitting at the side of the road. Oh well, I was in good company.

The apartment is fine. We don't have any damage or property loss, except for all of our food in the refriderator and freezer are ruined. Our apartment, didn't have electricity until Monday afternoon. My brother and his family are okay. They are currently hoping the baby isn't born for a couple of more days so the hospital is fully staffed. She is dilated to a 2 right now.

Gasoline is in short supply. Once entering the Houston area, we figured out to not stop at gas station unless a gas truck was there. Groceries are in short supply, but they are getting trucks in every day. Basic commodities are first priority-bread, milk, eggs, baby formula, ect. Unfortunately I can't go to the grocery store until Jared gets home because Bryan is sick. He has stomach pains and fever. He probably has a virus. Poor Bryan. I am almost out of Brooke's medication, so hopefully the pharmacy is stocked. Needless to say, my to do list is long. I also have several loads of laundry to do and tons of cleaning.

Tawnia, I'm on board. Everyone needs to have personal preparedness plans. Jared and I, are really working on that. You just never know when you will need them.
Take care everyone.

Michelle

No comments: