Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hello Everyone

Is everyone having a good Labor Day weekend so far? We don't have any big plans, but it will be nice to have Jared and Brooke both off on Monday. I am doing much better. I had a retreat root canal on Thursday. I don't need any pain killers anymore and the swelling has gone down. Since the endodontist just put a temporary filling in my crown, I still need to return to my regular dentist in 2 week to get a core builup for my crown. I still have bone loss in my jaw from the infection, but at least it won't spread any farther. Good news is that since the nerve in that tooth was removed at my first root canal the drilling didn't hurt. The pain came from the bone loss and swelling.

Everyone keep praying for the victoms of Hurricane Katrina. There are around 30,000 refugees in Houston and I see them every day. It just breaks your heart. Our ward is making hygene kits. Jared and I are giving soap, toothpaste, combs, hand towels, as well as money. Brooke is in her room finding toys, clothes, and pillows to take to the school, because there are a lot of Louisiana children now attending her school in need. Jared signed up to give blood and his is signed up as a volunteer to help at the Astrodome in downtown.

No comments: