Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fun with Printing

So, today I decide that my story has got to go out, because the deadline is tomorrow. I go over my story one more time, just a quick touch-up, changing a few little details, including one of the chapter titles, removing any little errors (hopefully I got them all). Well, anyway, that takes me about two or three hours. Then I print it. And about halfway through the printing, my printer starts to run out of ink, and by the time it gets to the end, the words are practically illegible. So, I have to get it to the other computer. This is where things get complicated. The disk drive doesn't work in their computer, and I try e-mailing it to Mom (twice), but I'm not sure if it went to the right e-mail address or what, because it didn't turn up in her in box. What did I do? I e-mailed it to myself. I have outlook (it came with my computer, but I never use it), and I sent it to my hotmail account. Then I am able to print my story and take it to the post office. I had to raid the change bucket to get enough money to send it; I only had enough coins to send it on a one-way trip, and I needed the return postage. (So, Mom and Dad, I owe you $1.40.) I put it in the envelopes that I pestered Dad to give me yesterday. And it's only when I'm almost to the post office that I realize I'd forgotten the keys, so I never picked up the mail. But at least my story is out.

1 comment:

Skippy said...

you should submit that story, emily. it is pretty funny.

Nathan