Sunday, September 25, 2005

Busy

I just posted all about today on the BBC blog, so I figure if you really want to hear it all you can look there. I'm glad to hear that Jared is going to get to go home soon. I bet it was somewhat nice to have a forced vacation.

Our stake is getting pretty big on the emergeny preparedness thing right now. They told us tonight that we need to have at least 3 gallons of water per person stored, plus food for at least three days, and a small emergency kit. With gas shortages it makes me think that we should never have under a half tank in our cars. I need to work on all of this. So is everyone else prepared for an emergency?? I think we should come up with a simple plan for what to do in case of an emergency as a family. For instance we should all call Mom and Dad... except what if the emergency is involving then... do we all call Trina, or do we turn to Eric as the priesthood leader of our family? Anyway, it's just something to think about. I was thinking about where I would go if I had to evacuate Utah... probably the closest place would be Eric's in L.A. ... but, depending on the situation, it would probably be easier to go to Idaho with Amy's family. Anyway, I also think that Mom and Dad should have the phone numbers of all our bishops and/or stake presidents, so that they can call those people in order to find out if we're okay... that is if they can't reach us.

Okay, enough on the doom and gloom stuff. I just think it is better to be prepared. Maybe Mom and Dad can sit down and discuss some ideas, and then call and talk to us about it... or maybe we can have an evening when we all get on Instant Messaging and discuss it as a group. Just a suggestion.

I need to head to bed. Have a wonderful week everyone.

love,
T

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Just a suggestion...but an excellent one. I agree that we need to have a plan or two in place and we all need to work on our personal emergency plans. Thanks for bringing it up. Instant messaging might be the way to go. That way we could all have input at the same time.