Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Day 2

My first day was exhausting and stressful and I came home tired and frustrated and not sure about what I was doing.... but today I am feeling much MUCH better. I think it helped that we were DOING things today. I was really teaching, instead of explaining rules and procedures all day.

I am reading my students "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume and they LOVE it. So much that they named our new class pet, a beta, Fudge. They groan every time I get to the end of read aloud time and beg me to continue.

In writing I'm using a program called the Write Traits. So today we talked about what a trait is. We described a good teacher (Ashley said she has curly hair and glasses) and a good driver (McKenzie said "not drunk" and I don't remember who said "Knows the difference between the gas and the brake.") Tyler said that good weather is "about 200 degrees."

I just bought plane tickets for Mindy and I to fly home at Christmas time. We will arrive in at PDX on December 22nd at 10 p.m. and we fly back here on Dec. 28th... leaving PDX at 3:35 p.m. So who wants to pick us up and drop us off??

Anyway, I need to eat the dinner Mindy just made for me and then head off to institute.

Love,
T

1 comment:

Eric said...

I'll pick you up from the airport Tawnia!

Just kidding, but it's good to hear that you're getting into it. There's nothing like teaching. It's a great life. Love it.